PONTELAND LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY
Celebrating Ponteland History
Web site & Content © Ponteland Local History Society.
E-mail addresses are provided at the discretion of those in question and should not
be used to send unnecessary
or "spam" e-mail. We thank you for your co-operation.
1st Friday in every month
from 2pm until 5pm
at Ponteland Branch Library, Thornhill Rd.
*doing a school project?
*researching family history?
*needing historical information on a date, building or person in the Ponteland Area
* looking for an old local photograph? Then perhaps we can HELP!
· to make our archives available for use by the public
· to help with local history inquiries
· to encourage people to share their private collections with others.
· are members of Ponteland Local History Society
· are all volunteers who are in attendance during opening hours · are not local history
experts, but local enthusiasts
Our ARCHIVES consist of ...
· A Main Collection
· Two Special Collections (Henderson and Langton families’ donation)
· A Photographic Collection
REGULATIONS (sorry but we have to protect the archives!)
· access to information & material in our archives is only available during Help
Desk opening hours
· only Helpers may access & remove material from the filing cabinet
· all items/material are for reference use only & cannot be borrowed
· only 3 items at a time may be requested per person. These should be returned to
the Help Desk before a further 3 items are used.
· pencils, not pens, should be used when making notes or tracings from archive material
· cotton gloves are provided for handling 'original' archive material that cannot
be viewed without handling
· photographs should not be removed from their pockets
Photocopying... (using Ponteland Library's facilities)
· most items, (except those marked with red dots, and very fragile items), may be
photocopied for your own personal use
· copying for publication, or public display must have the written permission of
the Archivist & Chairman of the Society
· items marked with red dots are copyright protected and cannot be photocopied without
the author's/owner's permission
· please fill in a 'Photocopy Request form
· photocopying requests will be carried out by the Library staff or a Helper; the
cost is paid by you to the Library staff
If there is a photograph in our archives that you would like copied, arrangements
can be made for the Archivist to provide you with a computer scanned copy.